cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No more custom portal upload in ISE 1.3?

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

I'm a missing something really obvious, or has the option to upload and use your own completely custom guest portal been removed ?

From the new Guest Access menu, i can only find the new and improved gui options with customization of logos, colors and so on and a css file to change, but no file upload function ? Seems like a step back to me ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this functionality was removed which is fortunate for the basic users and unfortunate for the advanced ones. I think TAC got sick of troubleshooting custom HTML portals that would cause issues. 

At least we still have the css file...

Thank you for rating helpful posts! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this functionality was removed which is fortunate for the basic users and unfortunate for the advanced ones. I think TAC got sick of troubleshooting custom HTML portals that would cause issues. 

At least we still have the css file...

Thank you for rating helpful posts! 

Guess i'll have to see what i can do with a css file on its own. I am wondering what the reasoning behind removing that feature is, will have to ask my Cisco SE.

From what I was able to gather, the two primary  reasons were:

1. Customers complaining that it was too complex to get even a basic customized portal going

2. TAC was getting way too many case related to troubleshooting custom HTML portal issues

Not too long ago I completed a deployment where the customer provided the custom HTML portal which was causing the BYOD flow to break (randomly). As soon as we uploaded a portal that was created in Cisco Portal Builder, the issues went away.