Views
Helpful
Replies

Non-ACS vs. ACS

hanwucisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Guys,

We’ve got a LAN with about 100+ Switch on the 3 layers. Currently, the AAA model is non-ACS/Ciscoworks Local.

We’re concern about security improvements. I am thinking possibly to move the non-ACS to ACS. Weighing both of them, I got to a point that pretty much indecisive. Both of the advantages and disadvantages are almost balanced.

I would like you guys who are very familiar with these issues give me some deeper advices.

Thanks,

Han,

1 Reply 1

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Cisco Secure ACS helps centralize access control and accounting, in addition to router and switch access management. With Cisco Secure ACS, network administrators can quickly administer accounts and globally change levels of service offerings for entire groups of users.

Cisco Secure ACS supports Cisco AAA clients such as the Cisco 2509, 2511, 3620, 3640, AS5200 and AS5300, AS5800, the Cisco PIX Firewall, Cisco Aironet Access Point wireless networking devices, Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrators, and Cisco VPN 5000 Concentrators. It also supports third-party devices that can be configured with the Terminal Access Controller Access Control System (TACACS+) or the Remote Access Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) protocol. Cisco Secure ACS treats all such devices as AAA clients. Cisco Secure ACS uses the TACACS+ and RADIUS protocols to provide AAA services that ensure a secure environment. For more information about support for TACACS+ and RADIUS in Cisco Secure ACS