cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not allowing CSACS users to auth to FW/RTR

slug420
Level 1
Level 1

We are using our CSACS server to authenticate wireless users. I am finding thoguh that I cannot add users to the wireless user group and allow them to authenticate via the APs without them also having access to our network infrastrucutre (routers/switches/firewalls).

How do I stop a user/group from being able to authenticate to devices? I only want them to authenticate if the request is coming from the APs.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use the Network Access Restrictions (NAR) section under the Group in ACS, specifically the "Per Group NAR" section. You would put all your wireless users into a specific group in ACS, and then add in your wireless AP's in as "Permitted Calling Points" under the "Define IP-based access restrictions", meaning those users are allowed to authenticate against them, but not anything else. Put an * in for the Port and Address values, you don't care about those, only the fact that the authentication request is coming from an AP.

If you go under Interface Configuration - Advanced options and enabled Network Device Groups (NDG's), you can also put all your AP's under one NDG and then just define that NDG in as a Permitted Calling Point

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use the Network Access Restrictions (NAR) section under the Group in ACS, specifically the "Per Group NAR" section. You would put all your wireless users into a specific group in ACS, and then add in your wireless AP's in as "Permitted Calling Points" under the "Define IP-based access restrictions", meaning those users are allowed to authenticate against them, but not anything else. Put an * in for the Port and Address values, you don't care about those, only the fact that the authentication request is coming from an AP.

If you go under Interface Configuration - Advanced options and enabled Network Device Groups (NDG's), you can also put all your AP's under one NDG and then just define that NDG in as a Permitted Calling Point