cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

number of users in group in cisco secure

lni1
Level 1
Level 1

Normally, besides the group name appears between brackets the number of users in a group. When I made some changes in the dump.txt file and did a load, the number displayed isn't changed, it's like CS counts only the users that are created in the GUI. Is there a way to update the nbr of users, so it is correct again ?

5 Replies 5

pbunet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

You can try compacting the ACS database and this should resolve the probem .

Note : take a backup of ACS and save on a different location other than ACS directroy ( just to be on the safer side if anything goes wrong).

Below are the instructions to compact the ACS database.

Step 1 On the computer running Cisco Secure ACS, open an MS DOS command prompt and change directories to the directory containing CSUtil.exe. For more information about the location of CSUtil.exe, see Location of CSUtil.exe and Related Files.

Step 2 If the CSAuth service is running, type:

net stop csauth

and press Enter.

The CSAuth service stops.

Step 3 Type:

CSUtil.exe -d -n -l

Press Enter.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacs4nt/acs33/user/ae.htm#wp364964

Regards,

Puneet

Already tried this, the problem is we made changes to the dump.txt file directly, is there no way to reset, initialize these counters somewhere ?

Many thanks

Unfortunately , there seems to be no other way other than rebuilding the user database however you can try upgrading your server or ask TAC to test that for you using your dump.txt

Thanks ,

Puneet

Cisco and software : not a good partnership

if you ever worked with cisco works, CRS you now what I'am talking about.

Wish I could help you, but if cisco can't ...

I am working with CW & CS !! I know what you are talking about...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: