cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

one-time access account with ACS 3.2

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I'm using a Nomadix Hotspot Gateway and ACS 3.2 as AAA and Radius Server, using CSDB for user accounts to provide wireless access in a hotel.

My users will use prepaid cards for use once only, or maximum time access 1 hour. I've configured users group quota : maximum 1 hour online time absolutely, 1 session absolutely.

After a client logged in, the hsg does not update accounting information, that means the hsg doesn't send accounting update packets to the AAA server.

What would I have to do to enable this accounting update packets ? Please help me...

1 Reply 1

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Apologies for the delay in responding. I think no-one answered because we don't know anything about the Nomadix Hotspot Gateway on this forum, so our help will be limited.

Certainly you're on the right track, for max sessions to work ACS has to receive accounting records telling it that user is logged in, otherwise it has no way of knowing. If the HSG is not sending accounting records then your max sessions is not going to work at all.

I suggest you contact the Nomadix vendor and see how to configure it for accounting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: