cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Open port 22 on ACS running 4.1

siddhartham
Level 4
Level 4

Can someone let me know how to open port 22 on Cisco ACS server running version 4.1 (I know its an end of support version, trying to get a maintainance window to update it) so that we can SSH into it.Below is the screen shot of the current open ports from appliance status page.

Siddhartha       

Siddhartha
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

My apologies, it looks like ssh connectivity was released in ACS 4.2 for remote RDBMS connectivity through ssh:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5712/ps5338/product_bulletin_c25-453391.html

Relational database management system (RDBMS)  synchronization enhancements: ACS has programmatic interface additions  for downloadable access control list (ACL) synchronization. ACS Solution  Engine now also supports scriptable RDBMS synchronization through a  Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol client.

Sorry for the confusion, it looks like you cannot connect remotely via ssh, you will have to use the serial/console port.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can only manage the solution engine using console. There aren't many commands available through ssh.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thats fine, can you let me know how open the port

Siddhartha

Siddhartha

My apologies, it looks like ssh connectivity was released in ACS 4.2 for remote RDBMS connectivity through ssh:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5712/ps5338/product_bulletin_c25-453391.html

Relational database management system (RDBMS)  synchronization enhancements: ACS has programmatic interface additions  for downloadable access control list (ACL) synchronization. ACS Solution  Engine now also supports scriptable RDBMS synchronization through a  Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol client.

Sorry for the confusion, it looks like you cannot connect remotely via ssh, you will have to use the serial/console port.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Thanks for the response.

Siddhartha

Siddhartha
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: