Views
Helpful
Replies

Ordering SNS-3415

jiyoung Kim
Level 1
Level 1

I ordered SNS-3415 as ISE 1.1.4.

I thought I have to install ISE, However, it was installed.

but I do not know what the ID/PW is..

does anyone know about this ?                  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You will have to reimage, on a fresh install you should be presented with the setup prompt.

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

Muhammad,

This seems to be something that could affect the operation of the appliance. The reason is...when there is a preset password then that also means that someone had to have run the setup script where fields such as ntp, dns, domain name, and ip must have been entered.

We all know how ISE doesnt like changes and at times will compromise the database. I ran into this issue as well on the new 3495s that were shipped. Can you please look into this to make sure that setup prompt is now protected with a pre-canned username and password.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You will have to reimage, on a fresh install you should be presented with the setup prompt.

Tarik Admani

aqjaved
Level 3
Level 3

Cisco ISE Administrators:

Administrators can access Cisco ISE through the command-line interface (CLI) or web-based interface. The surname and password that you configure during Cisco ISE setup is intended only for administrative access to the CLI. This role is considered to be the CLI-admin user, also known as CLI administrator.

• By default, the username for the CLI-admin user is admin and the password is defined during setup.
  • There is no default password.
  • This CLI-admin user is known as the default admin user.
  • This default admin user account cannot be deleted, but can be edited by other administrators (which includes options to enable, disable, or change password for this account).
  • You can create an administrator or you can promote an existing user to an administrator role.
  • Administrators can also be demoted to simple network user status by disabling the corresponding administrative privileges.
  • Administrators can be considered as users who have local privileges to configure and operate the Cisco ISE system. Administrators are assigned to one or more admin groups.

For More Information about User Rights, Policies and Passwords, Please check the below link.

http://cisco-images.test.edgekey.net/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/user_guide/ise_ug.pdf

I have never setup the SNS-3415.

it was all installed when I opened the box and connect to the network

how can I possibly know the password that I have never configured...

muhammk2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Please try entering the username as  “admin” and hit enter key without inserting any password, if it doesn’t  work try to with word “password” in the password field.

BR.

Muhammad,

This seems to be something that could affect the operation of the appliance. The reason is...when there is a preset password then that also means that someone had to have run the setup script where fields such as ntp, dns, domain name, and ip must have been entered.

We all know how ISE doesnt like changes and at times will compromise the database. I ran into this issue as well on the new 3495s that were shipped. Can you please look into this to make sure that setup prompt is now protected with a pre-canned username and password.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

you are asking me to make sure that setup prompt is now protected with a pre-canned username and password, right ?

Also, I simply re-installed ISE1.2 as new...

This whole thing seems like some sort of production issue.  We have 4 ISE 3495s that shipped and all are not accessible.  I did a p/w recovery on all using the ISE media.  The username is "autoprog" ... who the hell knows what the password is.  Looks like something is not quite going right during the imaging process of these servers.  They actually had IP addresses on them as well. 10.1.60 or something long those lines.

I reached out to Cisco regarding this issue and they are looking into this issue.

Tarik Admani

Hello Tariq,

Appreciate if you can let us know updates from Cisco regarding the default username/password for ISE with 3415 box.

Another interesting thing is that this box does not have any CD ROM in order to reset the password or re-image..?

Thanks

Pemasiri

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Venkatesh, the problem is these appliances are shipping broken.  We shouldn't have to re-image an appliance on initial receipt.  They have configurations in them that are have not been zero'ed out and the setup process has been run, which creates an "admin" account (which isn't even named admin) that we have no knowledge or have the password to.

Tarik, it would be great if you can update us on what Cisco says

I will provide an update as soon as I have one. My feelings suggests that the initial configuration may have been completed in error. However reimaging the appliance is the only way around this and i will explain why:

When you reimage an appliance you are presented with the "setup" prompt which we all know. The only way to enter any username or password is to complete the initial configuration items...ip address, hostname, dns severs, ntp...along with the admin username and password.

In this case if you are never presented a setup prompt and ISE is asking for a username or password then the box will have to reimaged, there is not pre-built username because creating one would have to force any ip configuration mentioned above also and in the end will have to require a reimage anyways.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

We can also do the password recovery if you are dead curious about whats going on with "pre-installed box"

But.... We have to re-image it anyway..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi All,

Re-imaging, password recovery all can be done once the box has DVD rom, however 3415 box does not have hardware DVD rom on it.

Has anyone tried to re-image by connecting external DVD/USB and would like to know how what is the procedure for the same..?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: