Views
Helpful
Replies

Patch 9 ACS-4.2.0.124-9-SW install error and upgrade advice to 4.2.1

sgabrria-nivas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two Windows ACS's which I need to replicate between each other - this happened in the past (when both at the same lower patch level)  , but the original Primary one of the pair one has had to be down graded to it's original level due to install errors. Both are now independant ACS's

To sort out the lack of replication we need to patch the planned PR box from 4.2 (0) Build 124 to the same level as the planned DR which is at 4.2 (1) Build 15 Patch 4.

We've tried installing Patch ACS-4.2.0.124-9-SW on the 4.2 (0) Build 124 as we were informed (some time ago) that it is required before running the ACS-4.2.1.15.4-SW.exe patch.

The patch installed, but when we ran CSUpdate as per the instructions in Acs-4_2_0_124_9-SW-Readme.txt , we tried both the -install option and the -upgrade switch and got a [1] [169]:SL:loadHosts - execution failed Can not load HostDB error. (See screen shot)

After this the ACS services  (in Windows Services ) wouldn't start, even after a server reboot.

Should we leave this patch 9 and install cumlative patch 17 instead and then run ACS-4.2.1.15.4-SW.exe patch ?

The read me notes for cumlative patch 4.2.1.15.4.17 looks like it might require Patch 9 as it only lists bug fixes from Patch 10 upwords (although it mentions a refix for 9 right at the bottom of the page).

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may upgrade directly to patch 17, this one doesn't ask to apply csupdate.exe before the cumulative patch.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin