Views
Helpful
Replies

Patches for ACS5.0 Eval

stephan.ochs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

After solving many problems and issues while testing ACS5.0 (Eval-Version on ESX3.5) I'm at the point to test Radius Authentication with our WLC.

In some posts I read about a patch that should solve problems (Radius Authen Request reaches ACS, but is never answered, no log entries, no errors).

Now I tried to install 5-0-0-21-8.tar.gpg on my Eval-Version, but it doesn't work. ACS always stays in status "installing patch". I have to reload the ACS to get it in a stable situation. But, after that, no patch is installed.

Is it possible to install a patch on Eval Version?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

Yes. You should install patch 8 and there is no problem to install this on an eval version.

Couple suggestions:

1) it is recommended to create the repository used for the install from the CLI and also install the patch from the CLI

2) There are issues with TFTP repostories when file size exceeds 32Mb. It is recommended to use FTP instead instead

View solution in original post

Glad this helped. About the repositories you aer right. This is a limitation in 5.0. In 5.1, all repostories defined in GUI will automatically be reflected on the CLI (but not vice versa)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

Yes. You should install patch 8 and there is no problem to install this on an eval version.

Couple suggestions:

1) it is recommended to create the repository used for the install from the CLI and also install the patch from the CLI

2) There are issues with TFTP repostories when file size exceeds 32Mb. It is recommended to use FTP instead instead

Thanks for your hints. Now I was able to install the patch (-8).

But there was another strange issue I had to solve before:

The repositories defined via Web-Interface are not available in CLI.

Message "% Repository not found".

I had to define it again (same name, same content) via CLI.

Before that I had to restart acs because it told me, another patch installation was running. Maybe caused by my previous attempts.

Glad this helped. About the repositories you aer right. This is a limitation in 5.0. In 5.1, all repostories defined in GUI will automatically be reflected on the CLI (but not vice versa)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: