cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PEAP + self signed certificate

aalsayed
Level 1
Level 1

i have CS ACS SE and i want to run peap for widnows EAP-MSCHAPv2 what is the correct CA in the trusted root certification Authorities list i ahve to choos in windows client

4 Replies 4

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

You need to look for a certificate name that was kept at the time to generating self sign cert.

Did that mean i have to copy the certificate whihc i genertaed and install it in eahc client to be shown in the list

or haw i can shaw it in list without installing it

Yes, you need to install the cert on each client. However if you want to avoid installing it on each client then we need to make sure"Validate Server

Certificate" option under PEAP properties on client is UNCHECKED.

The client needs the root certificate of the CA. Hence if you are using certificates from Verisign or something similar then your client (Windows) already has the root cert.

But if you are using your own Ms. CA then you can push certificates through Active Directory. That way manual installation can be eliminated.

Otherwise either manual installation or unchecking "Validate Server Certificate" are the only options.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: