Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem changing ISE backup schedules

davijones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

I had configured our ISE running v1.2 (patch 5) to run weekly backups for both the Configuration and Operational data via the GUI.  This initial setting worked flawlessly.  The issue I am seeing is that I now cannot change the frequency of these backups.  The GUI allows me to change the settings and reports no errors doing so.  The GUI even displays the new schedule (daily in this case), but unfortunately I still end up with it performing the backups only weekly.  Has anyone else experienced this and/or have a suggestion what to look for?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

You are hitting a known defect in ISE when scheduled backups are chnaged from weekly to daily.Here is the defect ID

CSCul37463.

For implementing this workaround please reach out to TAC. This defect will be addressed in ISE 1.2.1 release.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You  can create only one schedule at a time for a Configuration or  Operational backup. You can enable or disable a scheduled backup, but  you cannot delete it.

Hi - thanks for the reply.

So, do I understand you to mean that you are stuck with the very first backup frequency you set in the GUI and can not ever change it later?  That sounds very odd to me.

You say "You  can create only one schedule at a time..." - that is ok, but the key was "at a time".  I simply want to change what I have now from weekly to daily.

By the way, I can change the backup starting and ending days in the GUI calendar without any problem, but within the timeframe I specify (one month for instance), I still get only weekly backups after I change the frequency to daily.

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

You are hitting a known defect in ISE when scheduled backups are chnaged from weekly to daily.Here is the defect ID

CSCul37463.

For implementing this workaround please reach out to TAC. This defect will be addressed in ISE 1.2.1 release.

Great! - thank you.  This is good to know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: