cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem in access server debugging

m_aurangzeb
Level 1
Level 1

i am unable to connect ISDN users through access servers there is some problem amoung raduis, access server and billing machine so i felt i need to debug first on access server but when i am going to run debug command then i m getting no output, below is the exams. is this right command? i enabled the debugging but i am unable so see the logs (outputs) so what is missing here. please reply me as soon as possible.

AS5300a#debug aaa ?

accounting Accounting

administrative Administrative

attr AAA Attr Manager

authentication Authentication

authorization Authorization

db AAA DB Manager

id AAA Unique Id

ipc AAA IPC

per-user Per-user attributes

pod AAA POD processing

protocol AAA protocol processing

subsys AAA Subsystem

AS5300a#debug aaa acc

AS5300a#debug aaa accounting

AAA Accounting debugging is on

AS5300a#sh deb

AS5300a#sh debugging

General OS:

AAA Accounting debugging is on

AS5300a#

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hi

u can use terminal no monitor to switch off the same and also refer this link for configuring an external syslog server to collect the system logs.

u need to use syslog software installed in the external system to collect the logs.

the best bet would kiwisyslog s/w which is very easy and roubst.

you need to configure ur router and point the same to send the log messages to the external system.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008030c760.html#wp1001176

regds

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

Do check whether you have enabled terminal monitor to get the logs when ur accessing via telnet session..

Also you can check out using show logs command if u have already enabled logging.

regds

please tell me how to check whether, enabled terminal monitor to get the logs when accessing via telnet session.

also tell me how to check out using show logs command. how can i enable show log command

hi

you can enable term mon by using terminal monitor command in normal router enable mode itself.

Router# terminal monitor

but for logging u need to get onto global config mode to do the same..

you can make use of either an external syslog server for sotring the log info or in the internal buffer.

prefer storing the same in the external syslog server instead of internal buffer but for time being u can make use of logging buffered 4096 command to store them up in the buffer..

Router(config)# logging buffered 4096

regds

pls tell me the command, how can i stop the terminal monitoring. because its continously show me logging. pls be fast. thanx

thanx for help. can u tell me how can i monitoring logs on the remote machine which u told earlier. because terminal monitoring is dangerous and hard to trace out the problem. can u pls tell me the softwate (monitoring syslog server that i ll run on remote machine) and also tell me the command(on access server) to allow remote monitoring syslog server. thanx

hi

u can use terminal no monitor to switch off the same and also refer this link for configuring an external syslog server to collect the system logs.

u need to use syslog software installed in the external system to collect the logs.

the best bet would kiwisyslog s/w which is very easy and roubst.

you need to configure ur router and point the same to send the log messages to the external system.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008030c760.html#wp1001176

regds

thankyou so much spremkumar, its really works well. thanx again.