Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with ACS upgrade

ccaoto
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We ae using the ACS release 2.1 and we are migrating this server to the release 3.1, the problem is that when we tryed to migrate from 2.1 directly to 3.1 the database did not make it, i.e. we could not migrate the user, groups and network config to the new version. In fact there is a note in the 3.1 documentation that states the folowing: upgrading to ACS 3.1.1 has been tested from versions 3.0.2.5, 3.0.1.40 and 2.6.4. Does anyone have faced a similar problem before? if you have any recomendation please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Carlos C.

3 Replies 3

ywadhavk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Its not possible to "migrate" the database of 2.1 to 3.1. You could do an 'in-place' upgrade to 2.6.4 and then to the 3.1.

Backing up database in one version and restoring it onto a different version will not work.

e.g. Backup database from 2.6.4, install 2.6.4 on anew server, restore the database from the old server onto this new server and then do an 'in-place' upgrade to the 3.1.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

yatin

mhoda
Level 5
Level 5

Carlos,

You have to do a sequential upgrade with the appropriate service packs and the OS. From acs 2.1 to ACS 2.4 (3), then to 2.6.4 and then 3.1. My suggestion would be to have a good back up copy of your database and move it into a different directry than the base and then proceed with the upgrade.

It would make sense to open up a TAC case, as you may need to get all the intermediate releases and only TAC can publish those files for you.

I hope this helps ! Thanks,

Mynul

Thank you very much for your answer, as I review on the ACS 3.1 documentation a few minutes ago the procedure would be the same as you said, using version 3.0 as the intermediate.

Best regards and thanks for your help