Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Purge the RegisteredDevices endpoint group?

Is there a way to purge endpoints automatically from the RegisteredDevices endpoint identity group? So If an endpoint is registered using the self-provisioning flow, I would want that user to have auth-authenticated access for 24 hours, then they must re-authenticate, therefore their device cannot be in RegisteredDevices after 24 hours. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi Josh,

A feature request is filed for the same under this id CSCua70707.  Currently the only possible way I see is to manually delete the  endpoints by checking the reports of endpoints that were registered and  also profiled .

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Josh,

A feature request is filed for the same under this id CSCua70707.  Currently the only possible way I see is to manually delete the  endpoints by checking the reports of endpoints that were registered and  also profiled .

Thanks nginjupa. Do you know if you can view this endpoint group from the CLI? Maybe I could create a script. Otherwise it looks like I will need another option.

Re: Purge the RegisteredDevices endpoint group?

You could try to use the REST API to manage end points.

Cheers

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I had this bug raised with TAC and have worked with the TME on a building a business case behind this feature. Basically my use case was to allow guest users to register without having to run through the CWA process everytime they are reassociated. I was told that this feature will be released in 1.3, however in order to help TAC prioritize their feature enhancements I would advise anyone requesting this feature please open a tac case and have their case attached this bug.

Essentially to goal is to set timers to specific identity groups so that the endpionts can be purge "x- amount of days without connecting to the network", it may take some time to get that exact feature but setting a definite timer of every 30 days is much better to have users periodically get redirected but help keep the level of the database fairly low.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Tarik Admani *Please rate helpful posts*
Views
Helpful
Replies