cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Q: How can ISE 1.2 be configured to display "IP Address" in the Operations-Authentication view ?

mbilgrav
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Forum !

I have several ISE installations running, and I have come across an Issue, that may or may not be a real issue.

How can ISE 1.2 and/or the WLC be configured to display "IP Address" in the Operations-Authentication view ?

I simply can not see any IP address in this field, when the dot1x Authentication is done on a WLC.

This may be "works as designed" due to the fact that dot1x runs before the IP is assigned, but then again I do get profiler date etc, and hence I would expect the IP to be displayed.

Please see attachment for clarification of the field in the ISE dashboard.

FYI

I do see IP in WIRED dot1x senarios, but then again I run LowImpact modes, as opposed to CloseMode in the WiFi senarios

I have the same ono WLC OS 7.0, aswell as on 7.5 & 7.6 (i.e. no IP address shown in dashboard)

Have Fun !

Regards

Martin

4 Replies 4

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have seen this before but never really bothered to look more into it. It has always showed for wired but not wireless. I did some digging and it appears that the "framed-ip-address" is being sent/honored by the NAS in the "access-accept" packet.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-6/configuration-guide/b_cg76/b_cg76_chapter_0101001.html#ID676

Why is it not showing in ISE's screen is now another quesiton. I would say a bug but I recall this since the 1.0 days and I have done several deployments. Perhaps Cisco can chime in here or if you can open a TAC case and report back your findings :)

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Refer post

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11856111/ip-address-ise-live-authentication-after-vlan-change

Hi "salodh"

Thanks you for your reply. I read the post, and I can not see that the resolved the issue, also this issue is on WIRED dot1x.

My issue is present with wireless dot1x.

So I am affraid the post is irrelevant to the issue.

tonyp8581
Level 1
Level 1

Hi mbilgrav,

I'm running ISE v1.3 with WLC 5508 v 7.6.130 and I also noticed the IP address is missing within the Authentication logs wireless.  The Wired is fine.  Have you made any progress ?

Thanks !

Tony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: