Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Radius accounting to replica server

I have a primary and secondary ACS server.  The primary server is also the log collector (not sure if it's relevant).  The problem I'm having is when my ASA is using the secondary ACS as it's RADIUS authenticator, the RADIUS accounting log reports do not show anything.  However, when the Primary ACS is used for authentication, the RADIUS accounting reports properly.

Has anyone else experienced this or have recommendations?

4 REPLIES

Re: Radius accounting to replica server

Hi,

This behaviour is seen most probably in your case as primary ACS is the log collector, who ever is the log collector  that ACS will be the ONLY acs that will show logging information.

Thanks

Waris Hussain.

Perhaps however, RADIUS authentication is logged but not accounting.

ok.. so when you use secondary ACS and you go to view logs I am assuming that pop up page comes up with IP addr of Primary ACS( as that is the log collector )  and you see the auth logs but NO accounting logs.Which is the ACS 5 version you are on  ? What is the  patch level?

Waris Hussain

When in doubt, reboot.  Logged a TAC and we went through all the settings, patch levels, firewall versions.  Moment of last resort was the suggestion was to restart the services on the Primary ACS.  Services came back up and voila, everything worked.  Cisco couldn't really explain why, didnt really care but it works now.  Thanks for the responses and follow-ups.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content