Views
Helpful
Replies

radius hanging

Haris P
Level 4
Level 4

Dears ,

We have an issue with our thrird party radius used for DSL user authentication , the radius server hanging when it receives lot of simultanious login . This happens when there is problem with Telco causing to disconnect so many users and when it up all users will try to authenticate together .

I want Router to send only few requests only to radius /second. Is there is any way to do control this on router ?

Currently my radius can handle about 200 AAA per minute.

Regards,

Haris

1 Reply 1

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

There is no easy solution here.

The ACS Radius server has builtin mechanism's to protect it from DoS attacks (incl accidental) by dropping duplicate requests and any that it hasnt got spare threads for.

There's not much else any AAA server can do. I think maybe you need to look at load balancing to distribute the traffic over several AAA servers.

Or get some RADIUS open source code and build a proxy server that selectively shuts down certain clients if traffic goes over a trigger limit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: