Views
Helpful
Replies

Rancid 2.3.2 / ACS v5.2

radamesjvelez
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE:

I have been able to fix by editing the cloginrc file to include "username" as part of username prompt. Just curious why the prompt changed from version to version.

Hi all and happy new year

I have a question regarding rancid and ACS. We are currently running Rancid with ACS 5.2 (new environment) and also running Rancid with ACS 4.2. For some reason when a cisco device is configured to use the new ACS server rather than the old ACS rancid does not even try to login. Here is what I am seeing.

On old Acs 4.2 the user prompt looks like this:

rancid@net06 ~ > /usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin sw01

sw01

spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l rancid sw01

ssh: connect to host sw01 port 22: Connection refused

spawn telnet sw01

Trying x.x.x.x...

Connected to sw01 (x.x.x.x).

Escape character is '^]'.

Username: rancid

Password:

If you notice Rancid inputs the user name Rancid and the prompt is capital U

Now on the new ACS 5.2 it looks like this:

rancid@net06 ~ >  /usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin sw11

sw11

spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l rancid sw11

ssh: connect to host sw11 port 22: Connection refused

spawn telnet sw11

Trying x.x.x.x...

Connected to sw11

Escape character is '^]'.

username:

In the second example rancid never even tries to login and the prompt (using new ACS) is lower case u

Have anyone else come across this issue where rancid does not even try to login using new ACS? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Rad

UPDATE:

I have been able to fix by editing the cloginrc file to include "username" as part of username prompt. Just curious why the prompt changed from version to version.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: