cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RDBMS Synchronization with a .CSV file

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning. I am trying to create a testable .csv file that I can import into our ACS on a prescheduled basis.

Here are my questions about this process:

1. Do I need to use the PASS_Expire action or is there a STOP_DATE? I have looked at the codes and didn't really see one.

2. Is there a way that I can extract a copy of the dump.txt or get my actual database exported to a different system?

3. What are the group's recommendations on synchronization? Are there some lesson's learned I should look out for?

Thanks

Dwane

2 Replies 2

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

2. You can export your data into flat files via command line and then import on the next system the same way but I dont see why you would want to.

3. Use the internal replication if you're using the internal database.

If you're using external databases like sql or oracle this is a moot point, just do table dumps and import.

can you help me add vendor UDV and attributs to ACS.

I tried it it showing me UDV, but getting a error RDBMS report for one attribut.

when v3 is integer

Error: ACS 'ACS_A1' Action failed [SI=6 A=352 UN="" GN="" AI="" VN="Login-Service" V1="2011" V2="10" V3="integer"] Reason: UDV VSA error - User Defined Vendor/VSA operation failed (VSA name not unique)

when v3 is string

Error: ACS 'rdevid-4eafe3cf' Action failed [SI=6 A=352 UN="" GN="" AI="" VN="Login-Service" V1="2011" V2="7" V3="string"] Reason: UDV VSA error - User Defined Vendor/VSA operation failed (VSA name not unique)

actually i am doing it for H3c.dct  it is for 3com.

Below is the file which i used.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

SequenceId,Priority,UserName,GroupName,Action,ValueName,Value1,Value2,Value3,DateTime,MessageNo,ComputerNames,AppId,Status
1,0,,,350,3COM-H3C,AUTO_ASSIGN_SLOT,2011,,,,,,0
2,0,,,352,h3c-User-Access-Level,2011,26,integer,,,,,0
3,0,,,352,Administrator,2011,3,string,,,,,0
4,0,,,352,Manager-(write),2011,2,string,,,,,0
5,0,,,352,Monitor-(read),2011,1,string,,,,,0
6,0,,,352,Login-Service,2011,5,string,,,,,0
7,0,,,352,SSH,2011,50,string,,,,,0
8,0,,,352,Terminal,2011,52,string,,,,,0
9,0,,,353,,2011,221,IN OUT,,,,,0

***************************************************************************************

Also please let me know how can delete the UDV if i want to. i tried procedure mentioned in user guide but failed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: