Views
Helpful
Replies

Replication overwrites the AAA servers table in the secondary server

alfonso.cornejo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I've configured two ACS servers with replication but i noticed that when the replication takes place it overwrites the AAA servers table configured in the network configuration of the secondary server and that makes the next replication to fail because the two servers have the same configuration of AAA servers, if i uncheck the "Network Configuration Device tables" and the "Network Access Profiles" from the "Database Replication Setup" wich includes the AAA servers table I also missed the replication of the new network devices that are added in the master server.

Do you know how can i exclude only the AAA servers table from the replication??

Other thing is that I configured the Outbound replication as "Automatically triggered cascade", I'm not sure if this means that at the exactly moment that there is a change on the primary server it will replicate it to the secondary???? because if that is the case it is not doing it.

Thanks in advance for your help

4 Replies 4

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

The cascade feature is used when you have a tree hierarchy of servers. When an ACS receives a replication from its master it will automatically push the updates down to its own slaves.

Replicating the network config database by definition means they will be the same on master and slave post replication. This was by design. There is no way to override this that I know of.

Hi,

I understand, thanks alot for making that clear!.

I now have another situation and i was wondering if you can help me, i made some changes in the AAA servers trying to solve this situation but i wasn't able to, so i leave again the servers in the same way that they were configured by the time the replication was working but now it is not, in the master server i get this message:

ERROR ACS 'LACSLVBCDVAS007' has denied replication request

and in the second server i get this:

ERROR Inbound database replication from ACS 'lacslvbcpvas011' denied - shared secret mismatch

I've checked the same key configured for both and are the same, i've deleted the AAA servers and the configure them again, restart the services but the problem remains, dou you have any idea what this could be??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Are both ACS in same version and build number, dont copy and paste AAA server shared secret, type it in. Make sure send and received are checked appropriately on primary and secondary

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, yes both ACS are exactly the same and also the send and received options are the same in the two servers, what makes me think is the fact that the two servers were working fine but suddenly not.

I don't know if this could be a bug or something.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: