Views
Helpful
Replies

Restrict modem dialout with ACS

pregan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ..

Using ACS I'm trying to limit reverse telnet access to a modem which will later be used by TTYredirector. I want the users to only have access to the modem. We are on 3.01 ACS (yeah I know old) ..

When I use the Network Access restrictions with device:2065:* (2065 being the line assigned port) i get service denied service=raccess tty65 in the Failed Attempts Log.

Do I need to add this service to the TACACS+ under Interface Config ? .. whats the params ? I tried just putting raccess in the new services which added a section under user/group depending on which i selected but nothing else.

on the router i have :

aaa authorization reverse-access default group tacacs+

Advice welcome, google has drawn a zero so far.

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

Paul

Its not the NAR causing the problem - this would result in a "user filtered" message in the failed attempts.

Looks like the problem is that your group config doesnt authorise the raccess service.

Because this isnt a standard pre-defined service in ACS you'll need to goto sys config then tacacs+ (in ACS) and define a custom tacacs service. Call it "raccess". In the group setup you'll then be to enable it and set any attributes you may need.

Darran

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

Paul

Its not the NAR causing the problem - this would result in a "user filtered" message in the failed attempts.

Looks like the problem is that your group config doesnt authorise the raccess service.

Because this isnt a standard pre-defined service in ACS you'll need to goto sys config then tacacs+ (in ACS) and define a custom tacacs service. Call it "raccess". In the group setup you'll then be to enable it and set any attributes you may need.

Darran

thank you .. this has got me 1 step further. i now have a NAR problem which I'll work through ..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: