Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up ISE

switched switch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Ive been given a project to setup ISE internally for our corporate network. With no experience working on ISE, I've got alot of work ahead of me!

I was thinking to sit on the Implementing and Configuring the Cisco Identity Services Engine (SISE) course prior to implementation. Could I expect to gain enough knowledge to get ISE configured and working? Were also implementing a two tier firewall design and plan to have the front (WWW) facing firewall as the VPN endpoint, and ISE handle the authentication...

Any thoughts would be most welcomed!

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What helped me was the trustsec guides which are free on Cisco.com. I also found the ise book, which was a recent release to be very good as well.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

for completeness the recommended ISE book is

Cisco ISE for BYOD and Secure Unified Access

James Heary and Aaron Woland

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-BYOD-Secure-Unified-Access/dp/1587143259

RSundstrom
Level 1
Level 1

I attended SISE training last year. It is a high level, high speed training week. If you attend the class prepare in advance so you can keep up.

7 Replies 7

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What helped me was the trustsec guides which are free on Cisco.com. I also found the ise book, which was a recent release to be very good as well.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

for completeness the recommended ISE book is

Cisco ISE for BYOD and Secure Unified Access

James Heary and Aaron Woland

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-BYOD-Secure-Unified-Access/dp/1587143259

Thank you to you both....

So I will arrange to get my hands on the book..

Can anyone say for sure there is enough information to get ISE setup and configured... a consultant quoted around 60K for a turn key solution.. seems excessive to me as we are a small company.

Anyone know? Is there enough with a course and a handbook to get ISE up and running... our solutions provider is advising it is quite difficult, although thats his job, right?

Hello,

I saw your posting and ordered the book this morning. I have also been given the task of getting ISE up and running on our network. It really can be quite a task. I am hoping the book from James Heary and Aaron Woland helps.

By the way, the book sells for between $42 and $55 dollars (American). That is very inexpensive if it helps the way I am hoping it will. I will try to update this post after I get the book.

RSundstrom
Level 1
Level 1

I attended SISE training last year. It is a high level, high speed training week. If you attend the class prepare in advance so you can keep up.

Thanks Robert.. I now have a copy of the book and plan to sit down and have a thorough read.

I notice there is quite some good ISE tutorials on youtube as well, which may be good for completeness.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: