Show commands logging ?

illusion_rox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, i m using ACS 3.3 windows version, these are the commands

aaa accounting update periodic 1

aaa accounting exec default start-stop group tacacs+

aaa accounting commands 15 default start-stop group tacacs+

but i m not getting all the show commands logged, i usually get logging of show running, show start-up, but no other show commands like show ip int brief and such, what is the reason ? how can i get all the exec commands logged ?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ovais

The command that you have configured:

will generate accounting records for the commands that are entered that require level 15 privilege (such as show run, show start, etc) but will not generate accounting records for commands which only require level 1 privilege (such as sh ip int brief, etc). If you also want these commands to generate accounting records then you should add this to your config:

aaa accounting commands 1 default start-stop group tacacs+

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ovais

The command that you have configured:

will generate accounting records for the commands that are entered that require level 15 privilege (such as show run, show start, etc) but will not generate accounting records for commands which only require level 1 privilege (such as sh ip int brief, etc). If you also want these commands to generate accounting records then you should add this to your config:

aaa accounting commands 1 default start-stop group tacacs+

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Ovais

I am glad that my answer was helpful.

Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your issue was resolved (and thank you for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read about an issue and can know that they will read responses that resolved the issue.

I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick