Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SLA Monitoring

I have 2 static routes from source to destination on ASA. I want to give preference to first path and the second path will be the backup path. In case if first path will goes down only then the second path will be used. For this I want to enable SLA monitoring. If i will set number of packets=100, Frequency=20 sec, Timeout= 2sec. I want that when all the 100 packets will be dropped only the backup path will be used. 

How can i set this requirement?

Regards,
Mukesh Kumar
Network Engineer
Spooster IT Services

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hello Mukesh , I understand

Hello Mukesh ,

I understand that you are trying to achieve redundancy using ipsla track feature and at the same time you want some delay ( you said untill 100 packets are dropped ) in installing secondary route in RIB .

Kindly correct me if wrong .

As a simpler solution , I think you can add delay in number of seconds under track statement , that will achieve same thing but in terms of seconds . So lets say if you have threshold to 20 seconds and delay of 60 seconds , in case of failure condition router will wait untill IPSLA is triggered 3 times with consecutive failures ( as per frequency ) .

Anyways , in case you still need IPSLA track feature based on number of packets drop , please see below as per my understanding :

As you say you will set number of packets = 100 , i assume you are using ICMP-jitter based IPSLA and that can report such drops in reaction configuration . you can use "traponly" keyword to have a log generated when configured number of drop threshold is reached ( kindly ensure to have ip sla logging trap configured ) . 

Now you can use this log ( threshold exceeded ) as trigger for an EEM script and do whatever changes are needed in configuration ( eg, static route AD manipulation etc ) .

hope to help .

For any further help please let me know .

Regards

Sunil Bhadauria

Thanks for the information

Thanks for the information sbhadaur.

Can you please tell me how can we add delay under track statement?

Regards,
Mukesh Kumar
Network Engineer
Spooster IT Services

Views
Helpful
Replies