Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Standalone ISE Replacement - restore failure

We're trying to replace an existing 3315 ISE appliance with a 3415; the plan was to do a config backup on the 3315, upgrade & patch the 3415 to the same level, then restore the backup onto the 3415.

All goes well until the restore, which fails with a message that the backup is corrupt (but if I restore the same file to the 3315 it works OK, so not a corrupt file).

Can anyone tell me if an ISE config backup is tied to the appliance it's generated on?  If so, is there a way to overide this, or edit the backup to restore onto a different appliance.

Both appliances are running version 1.2.0.899 patch 3

TIA

JonS

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Jon,

This seems to be interesting. We have not seen any of such kind with the restoration of the backups in ISE 1.2.0.899.

Can you please cross check the MD5Checksum value of the backup if in case you are using two different repositories or two copies of backup file to restore the backup to each one of the appliance.

If you are using the same repository and same file (without copying in different location) for restoring the backup then the above check is not applicable.

The config backups are not tied to the appliance it is generated on .

Inorder to get more detailed logging on this restore failure , can you please use this below command and check why the file is marked as corrupted.

-Login to ISE CLI with administrator access.

-use the command:

show logging system ade/ADE.log | include restore

The above command will display the log on the console and then please check if it gives you any further hint of why it is populating error message as "corrupted".

Thanks nqinjupa, good to rule out the device tie.  I'm using the same repository for both 3315 & 3415, so shouldn't be an issue; I'll try again & capture the log output you suggest.

Jon,

In addition to the request from nginjupa, you may want to consider transfering the backup to your local disk:

"copy ftp://ipaddress/backupname disk:/" {press enter}

username:xxx

password:sss

Then you will want to create a repository

config t

repository disk

url localdisk: (or disk: can't remeber)

Then run the restore command pointing your local disk as the repository

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Tarik Admani *Please rate helpful posts*
Views