cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TACACS+ authentication with Cisco ACS on Riverbed Stingray

Jack Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone successfully done tacacs auth using Cisco ACS 5 and the Riverbed Stingrays? Documentation involving this setup is few and doesn't really offer any insight. The authentication piece seems to work but the authorization part is where its failing.

Created TACACSPlus connection to

Authentication SUCCEEDED

No groups returned by authenticator

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

siddhartham
Level 4
Level 4

Jack,

I am having the same issue....were you able to make it work?

Siddhartha

Siddhartha

Do you know which group you need to map the user to? If you are not trying to map the users to a specific group and you are looking for authentication then you can set the attribute "tacacsplus!fallbackgroup" on the riverbed locally.

for reference from riverbed forum - http://community.riverbed.com/t5/Answers/TACACS-authentication-with-Cisco-ACS/td-p/21223

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

I am getting the below error message, do you know why the ACS is not sending any groups

Created TACACSPlus connection to X.X.X.X:49
Authentication SUCCEEDED
No tacacsplus!fallbackgroup defined
No groups returned by authenticator
FAILED

Siddhartha

Siddhartha

Hi,

Did you define the group in the shell profile, and then map the shell profile over to a tacacs authorization policy? If not, then that is your problem. If you are looking to grant all uses to the same riverbed group as long as the pass authentication, then my previous message shows what you need to configure on the riverbed locally.

Here is how you create a shell profile in ACS - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.2/user/guide/pol_elem.html#wpxref45667

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Thanks for your time Tarik, I am using ACS server 4.1 and already configured the below shell profile but that didn't do any good.

Below are the settings I am using in Riverbed

Siddhartha

Siddhartha
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: