cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tacacs patches

thomas.bragg
Level 1
Level 1

I recently did an application upgrade to ACS_5.3.0.40. I was trying to install the next patch  5-3-0-40-9. i go through these steps

A. Logon to ACS server as admin

B. Insert DVD that has 5-3-0-40.9.tar.gpg into onboard cdrom

C.at console prompt, type config terminal and press enter

D.at the terminal prompt, type repository mycdrom and press enter

E.at repository promp, type repository mycdrom and press enter

F. at repository prompt, type exit and press enter

G.at terminal prompt, type exit and press enter

H.at the console prompt, type show repository mycdrom and press enter

At this point there is a slight pause and i get the following error.

udf-fs: no partition found

cd-rom drive could not be mounted

Has anyone experianced this issue or have a soloution to get this server patched.

Thanks                  

3 Replies 3

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Wondering why there is a need to use cd-rom for patch installation? If you have CLI access of the ACS 5.3 just follow the below mentioned proedure.

Step 1 Install the ACS 5.3 cumulative patch by running the following acs patch command in the EXEC mode to install the ACS patch:

acs patch install patch-name.tar.gpg repository repository-name

ACS displays the following confirmation message:

Installing an ACS patch requires a restart of ACS services.

Would you like to continue? yes/no

Step 2 Enter yes.

ACS version is upgraded to the applied patch.

Step 3 Check whether all services are running properly, by using the CLI show application status acs command from the EXEC mode.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-3/installation/guide/csacs_book/csacs_upg.html#wp1194940

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

I have tried the acs patch commands but the issue is i only have the patch on a cd and the acs server is no recognizing the cdrom repository. i try to install the patch and it will give me the same errors as if i did the show command on it. Im not to sure where to go from here i am not the best at servers.

I don't think ACS will recognise CDROM repo. Why don't you connect your laptop with in same ip scheme with ACS, make your laptop as an FTP server by installaing  Filezilla server .

This is gonna the simplest way to apply the patch on ACS if its not on the network,

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: