Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Tacacs+ Setup on OpenBSD

Having some dificulties with creating the configuration file for the Tacacs4.0.4.

I have my test switch authenticating and authorizing, but am not able to figure out how to get the admins group to login directly to the privileged exec mode. Also when I configure

aaa authorization enable group tacacs+ enable

I am not able to authenticate, and have not been able to figure out how to do it for authorization to work. If I create a user = $enable$ with a password, all users get privilege level 15, and I dont want PL 15 at the vty login either.

This is pretty much the only thing I am stumped on, I have authorization and authentication working with the groups and individual users and also seperate command groups, my next step is accounting once I figure out how to create the darned log file in OpenBSD. :)

Here is my admin group

group = admin {

default service = permit

login = cleartext "test"

}

I want to put the exec and shell stuff under this group, and not under individual users.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Tacacs+ Setup on OpenBSD

If you want to authorize admin group directly to privilege mode, you can provide the following none authentication configuration.

aaa authentication enable default none.This will stop forcing authentication into the privilege mode.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content