cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

time zone settings SNS3415-K9 with ISE 1.2

Gillepsie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I require to change the time zone on a SNS3415-K9 which supports ISE 1.2 platform. I try to make the change but the application does not respond. I need to know if there are any special procedure for this?

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Have you rebooted your appliance after your time zone change ??

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/nac/guestserver/configuration_guide/21/nacguestserver/g_setup.html

Step 1 From the administration interface, select Server > Date/Time Settings to display the Date/Time Settings page as shown in Figure 3-5.

Figure 3-5 Date/Time Settings

Step 2 Select the correct System Date and System Time for the location of the Guest Server.

Step 3 Select the correct System Timezone for the location of the Guest Server.

Step 4 Click the Save Settings button to apply the System Timezone.

Note Changing the System Timezone automatically adjusts the date and time on the server.

Step 5 If you have one, two or three NTP servers available on the network, click the Use NTP to set System Date & Time checkbox.

Step 6 Enter the IP address of each NTP server available into the fields provided.

Step 7 Click the Save Settings button to apply the changes.

Note When setting the NTP server it may take some time for synchronization. Synchronization occurs much faster if the time is set close to the NTP server (and saved by clicking the Save Settings button) before saving the NTP Server settings.

Step 8 Click the Reboot Server button to restart the NTP process so the new settings take effect.

HTH

Sandy

Sandy, you indicate is the procedure for NAC, but the platform where you have the problem is a ISE 1.2.

The ISE 1.2 does not allow the time zone settings for the web environment it is performed by CLI.

Hi ,

Sorry i have missed it , Here is recommendation for ISE 1.2 . Changing in timezone will impact you application . 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/user_guide/ise_user_guide/ise_admin.html#pgfId-1269243

Changing the System Time Zone

Once set, you cannot edit the time zone from the Admin portal. To change the time zone setting, you must enter the following command in the Cisco ISE CLI:

clock timezone timezone

Caution Changing the time zone on a Cisco ISE appliance after installation causes the Cisco ISE application on that node to be unusable. However, the preferred time zone (default UTC) can be configured during the installation when the initial setup wizard prompts you for the time zone.

Changing time zone impacts different Cisco ISE node types in your deployment as follows:

Standalone or Primary ISE Node

Changing the time zone after installation is not supported on a Standalone or Primary ISE node. However, if you inadvertently change the time zone, do the following:

• Revert to the time zone back. (the time zone before it changed).
  • Run the application reset-config ise command from the CLI of that node.
  • Restore from the last known good backup before the time zone change on that node.

HTH

Sandy

If this had already done from ISE 1.2 Administration Guide. I request to suggest me if once set the Time Zone again can change without affecting the operation of the application or the initial Setup should run without reinstalling the application of ISE 1.2