Views
Helpful
Replies

TLS + PEAP on ACS

radim0754
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I`d like to put one question here. In our production we use EAP-TLS for wired 802.1x (using ACS for authentication), however we`re about to change for PEAP. Is there any way that these two can coexist together on ACS until we completely remove TLS? Unfortunately we don`t have testing environment to test it and of course I`d like to avoid all user`s PCs not being able to authenticate.

Thank you,

Radim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Ramdin,

On ACS you can  enable both TLS and PEAP at the same-time. This will make both peap and tls machine connect successfully.

I am taking into consideration that you are not changing your certificate provider.

Regards,
~JG

Do rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Ramdin,

On ACS you can  enable both TLS and PEAP at the same-time. This will make both peap and tls machine connect successfully.

I am taking into consideration that you are not changing your certificate provider.

Regards,
~JG

Do rate helpful posts.

Hello JG,

Thank you very much for your answer. Could I please give you some more details tomorrow? Because there`s something I`m not sure about but I`m not able to explain that properly now cos I`m at home already. I remember we had some "similar" issue, I purposefully say similar as I don`t know if it`s really the same issue, but when applying two different authentications at the same time I think the PC was waiting for the "other one" and gave error saying that it (the correct one) is not available.....but please take into account that this information I just gave doesn`t have to be 100% correct, It`s only what I can remember.

Radim

Please take your time. I will review it tomorrow once I have updated info.

Regards,

~JG

Thank you,

I`ll gather more information tomorrow so that I can explain it more accurately.

Regards,

Radim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: