Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferring AAA clients from old ACS to new ACS

mlabuguen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there a way to quickly upload AAA client instances from my old ACS to my new ACS. They are both stand alone servers and after transferring the AAA clients to the new ACS I plan to permanently take the old ACS offline.

Is it possible for me to download a .csv file from the old ACS and later upload to the new ACS. I'm trying to avoid replicating the database of the old ACS into the new ACS because in order to be successfull both ACS's must have the same SW release and currently their versions are not the same.

I could do the manual method (individually add a AAA client one at a time) but it'll be extremely time consuming. Any input will greatly help.

Thanks!

Marvin

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could add them in via a CSV file, but they would still have to be hand-typed into the CSV file one at a time, so not sure how useful that is to you. Would certainly be quicker than going thru the GUI for each one though.

See http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacs4nt/acs33/user/ae.htm#wp365198 for details, the ADD_NAS option is the one you're after.

Thank you! It helps to use Excel first and then export to .txt