Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubles with 800 series AAA config

albertgoodman
Level 1
Level 1

hey all,

I have attempted to configure our 800 series router to accept client to router vpns into our network. However the clients just don’t connect, no error message either. I am a little lost what to do, any help would be Massively appreciate as ive already tried experts exchange and they cant see anything wrong with it. I have attached the config to this message.

kind regards

Matt

UK

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

i feel you have posted the main hub site config where your remote locations dials in and establish the ipsec tunnel.

But in your case the hub ip is not static you are getting the ip address from SP in this case how your remote clients will negotiate the isakmp and ipsec policies when they dont have a static peer ip configured in their configuration ?

untill unless you have a static ip configuredi n ur hub site i dont think its possible at all for your remote peers to negotiate the key thigns to establish the ipsec connectivity.

regds

hiya,

thanks very much for your reply. Although its a dynamic ip, i kinda assumed it would work while the ip address stayed the same?? (it tends to stay the same for a day or too).

when i configure this on our live router at work, we will indeed have a static ip. please let me know what you think,

kind regards

matt

hi

If u know the ip address and if you can manage the strain in setting or changin the peer ip everytime in the remote peer u can try that out but i havent tried something out like this yet and as u said if u have static ip in the live network setup it shuld work properly in that router .

regds

excellent, I will let you know how i get on. Is my configuration as you would expect dynamic ip aside?

kind regards

Matt