Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrade ISE 1.1.X

Hi

I have ISE 3315-K9 version 1.1.1.268

I need to upgrade to version 1.2

I read this post where he explain how to move from 1.1.3 patch 3 to 1.2

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/security/aaa/blog/2013/07/19/upgrading-to-identity-services-engine-ise-12

But I would like to know how to upgrade 1.1.1.268 to 1.1.3 patch 3

Thanks in advance for your help

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Upgrade ISE 1.1.X

You can download ise-appbundle-1.1.3.124.i386.tar.gz to upgrade to 1.1.3 and the apply the latest patch for 1.1.3 (patch 8).

Or you can apply the latest patch to your version 1.1.1 (patch 7) and then use this file ise-upgradebundle-1.1.x-to-1.2.0.899.i386.tar.gz to upgrade to 1.2 directly.

First, you have to have an FTP server (easiest to configure) and then configure a repository on the ISE.  the easiest way is therough the WebGUI by going to Administration > Maintenance and clicking on Repository on the left side menu.

Click Add. Fill out the configuration for the FTP Server and click Submit.

Then go to Administration > Backup & Restore and be sure to perform at least a Configuration Backup.

Enter this command:

application upgrade ise-upgradebundle-1.1.x-to-1.2.0.899.i386.tar.gz <> (this is the name you set up for the repository created above)

Your ISE WILL reboot.

Once this is complete, log back in to the WebGUI and verify the install.  You can then go to Administration > Maintenance and choose Patch Management from the left menu to upload and install Patch 3 to the v1.2 install.

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content