cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade questions - ACS software to new hardware

jlmickens
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have ACS 3.2 running on a Windows 2000 server. We want to move it to a Windows 2003 server and upgrade to 4.1. What's the best way to go about this? I have install CDs for v3.3.3 and an upgrade cd for v4.1. Should I install v3.3.3 on the W2K3 box, upgrade it to 4.1 then try to export the database from the 3.2 box and import? Or can I install 3.3.3, synchronize it with the 3.2, break the syncronization and upgrade the 3.3.3 box to 4.1? I can't seem to find any documentation that covers an upgrade path with respect to new hardware. I'm a n00b at ACS to boot.

3 Replies 3

don-sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

I've recently done the same upgrade. Make a backup of your ACS database from System Configuration. On the new hardware install ACS v3.3.3. Copy the file created from the first step and use ACS restore. Finally upgrade ACS to version 4.1.

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Install 3.2 on the win2003 server and restore your database. Then upgrade it to 3.3.3 and finally to 4.1

During each upgrade it will prompt you "keep existing database " , make sure you check that else you will loose the acs database.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thanks.

As it turns out our setup was fairly simple - everything was pointing to the AD. What I ended up doing was installing 4.1 (and all patches/updates) on the 2003 server then recreating the setup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: