Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to ACS 5.4 and license

fuhrersk8
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Forum Team!

We are in the process of upgrading from ACS 4.2 to ACS 5.4 (virtual machine). Does the licenses file is migrated or a new upgrade license is required for the new platform?

Thanks for your support.

Regards, 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there-

Prior to ACS 5, no license key/file was required. Therefore, you will need to get one from Cisco when migrating over to 5.x and request that one is generated for you.

For more info take a look at this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-1/migration/guide/Migration_Book/Migration_Deploy.html

Thank you for rating helpful posts! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there-

Prior to ACS 5, no license key/file was required. Therefore, you will need to get one from Cisco when migrating over to 5.x and request that one is generated for you.

For more info take a look at this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-1/migration/guide/Migration_Book/Migration_Deploy.html

Thank you for rating helpful posts! 

Excellent. Thanks for your great support. 

Now regarding 5.5 i will put in on VMware , can i have two machines , some HA replication with same license  ?

One active , one standby , some database replication on day base level ? or similar ?

Can i use same license ?

I bought from Cisco :

CSACS-5.5-VM-UP-K9

CSACS-5-BASE-LIC
L-CSACS-5-LRG-LIC=

Hello;

You will need quantity of two (2) base licenses (CSACS-5-BASE-LIC) for primary and secondary deployment. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: