Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrade to ACS 5.4 and license

Hello Forum Team!

We are in the process of upgrading from ACS 4.2 to ACS 5.4 (virtual machine). Does the licenses file is migrated or a new upgrade license is required for the new platform?

Thanks for your support.

Regards, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi there-Prior to ACS 5, no

Hi there-

Prior to ACS 5, no license key/file was required. Therefore, you will need to get one from Cisco when migrating over to 5.x and request that one is generated for you.

For more info take a look at this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-1/migration/guide/Migration_Book/Migration_Deploy.html

Thank you for rating helpful posts! 

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi there-Prior to ACS 5, no

Hi there-

Prior to ACS 5, no license key/file was required. Therefore, you will need to get one from Cisco when migrating over to 5.x and request that one is generated for you.

For more info take a look at this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-1/migration/guide/Migration_Book/Migration_Deploy.html

Excellent. Thanks for your

Excellent. Thanks for your great support. 

Now regarding 5.5 i will put

Now regarding 5.5 i will put in on VMware , can i have two machines , some HA replication with same license  ?

One active , one standby , some database replication on day base level ? or similar ?

Can i use same license ?

I bought from Cisco :

CSACS-5.5-VM-UP-K9

CSACS-5-BASE-LIC
L-CSACS-5-LRG-LIC=

Hello;   You will need

Hello;

You will need quantity of two (2) base licenses (CSACS-5-BASE-LIC) for primary and secondary deployment. 

Views
Helpful
Replies