Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrading from AD 2000 to AD 2003

We currently have two instances of ACS 3.1 running on two Windows 2000 Domain Controllers.

One instance is read only (changes don't replicate) Does it matter which instance I upgrade first? I think I should update the primary instance first.

Once I upgrade them to 3.3.3 I plan on installing a new server running 2003, making it a domain controller, installing ACS 3.3.3 on it from scratch. Then configuring it to replicate with our primary instance. Once that is done I will remove the secondary instance on one of the 2000 domain controllers.

Once that is done I will install another 2003 server and repeat the process except this time I will replicate with the new ACS instance.

When it's done I should have two new 2003 domain controllers and two fully functional instances of ACS 3.3.3. Anyone see any problems or have a better way to upgrade ACS, and move it to new servers, while upgrading AD to 2003? Thanks.

1 REPLY

Re: Upgrading from AD 2000 to AD 2003

You sound like you've thought this through. Your plan should work fine. RE: which system to upgrade first, it doesn't matter. Either way you won't be able to do replication until both systems are up on 3.3.3.

Views
Helpful
Replies