Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent help on ACS

sateeshk10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am newbee to ACS.Suddenly i am not able to login into my network boxs trgh ACS. auth getting failed. But till yesterday it was fine.

I have restarted the services and reboot the server also but no luck.

If you need any logs/info i am ready to give for further troublesheet

Any suggestions..

Regards

sateesh

5 Replies 5

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

check your username and password is correct.

Check the ACS logs for failed tacacs attempts.

Hi,

I can ensure that there is no prblem with password as I am able login into mail box and other devices..if passsword is having the problem i can`t access anyone of device.

Getting the following eeror

04/18/2009,17:52:06,Authen failed,sateesh,Network Engineers,172.16.17.28,(Default),External DB user invalid or bad password,,,tty1,x.x.x.x,,,,,,xx-xx-core3,.

Regards

sateesh

well there is your issue - your acs is configured to unknown users to be passed onto an external domain authenticator like LDAP.

Check your ACS config.

Hi,

Could you pl. let me know the settings where i need to change and one more thing suddenly its happened on FRIDAY. we haven`t do any changes on server side on that day. How come suddenly settings gets changes.

pl. let me know the settings

Regards

sateesh

Usually things dont happen for no reason. Check the Admin Audit logs to see if someone "tweaked" any settings.

Are your user accounts local to ACS or in an external (eg windows) database?

As mentioned in a previous post your ACS has the Unknown User Authentication feature enabled whereby any usernames not found locally are pushed at one or more external authenticators.

Google for ACS + unknown user and you'll find the relevant settings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: