cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

user access filtered

gaban
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know what the error "user access filtered: on the "failed attempts" section under Reports and Activities on ACS means and how would I correct this.

I created a group in AD and a added " XX" user on that group. I created a group in ACS and mapped that group to AD. When I login I get the error above.

thanks,

gilbert

2 Replies 2

mhoda
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Gilbert,

This error message is very generic. You may see this for number of reason. Here are few things to check-

-Make sure that you have AD groups mapped to one of the ACS groups. Otherwise, if you have "NO Access" then you will see this messgae.

-Under "Unknown user policy", make sure to have "Check the following external user databases" box checked and list your AD as "Selected Database".

-Under Database Configuration, if you have "Verify that "Grant dialin permission to user" then make sure that this is also checked in the AD users. You may want to uncheck this and see if that helps. My suggestion would be to allow this on the AD when you create users.

Thanks,

Mynul

mahowald
Level 1
Level 1

The only time i have seen this is was two weeks ago when I tried to upgrade my IOS on my 3060 to 4.0.5. Opened a TAC and after four hours and two esculations through Cisco, they found documentation on this being a bug in 4.0.5. I went back to 4.0.1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: