cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User db migration from ACS3.1 to ACS4.1

oscar.perez
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody knows if it is possible to move the user DB from an ACS3.1 to a new ACS4.1?

Thanks in advanced.

Oscar Perez

3 Replies 3

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Oscar,

Best way to do is to install 3.1.1 on separate machine and restore acs database. Once that is done we will upgrade that machine to latest version.

--> This is how you will upgrade server.

1). Install 3.1.1 on separate server and restore acs database.

2). Run setup.exe of ver 3.3.3 and hit next..next. During this process it will show up a option stating “Do you want to keep existing database”. Make sure you check that option else it will not upgrade the acs configuration.

3). Now run the setup.exe for 4.1.1 and enable option to keep the existing database as per step 2.

4). Run 4.2 setup.exe to install it. Don't forget to enable option explained in step 2.

5). Now wipeout acs 3.1.1 software from existing server and install acs 4.2 and restore the database.

TAC can also assist you with it.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

That's a pretty good approach. Now the question is how do I obtain the upgrade software from 3.1.1 to 3.3.3? I only have the ACS 4.1.1 CD's.

I can't find the upgrade software on CCO.

Thanks,

Oscar

Try this link,

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cs-acs-win

If software's are not listed then you need to open a TAC case.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: