cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

username in accounting report

Charles_Chi4
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i wonder how could i get accounting of who get in asa n what have he done to asa.

I already input :

aaa accounting command <group>

aaa accounting enable console <group>

aaa accounting telnet console <group>

And i can see who login in tacac+ accounting.

But i can't see who have input command in tacac+ administration. I just see enable_15 as the username.

3 Replies 3

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Chris,

You need to add this command,

aaa authentication enable console LOCAL

That should fix the issue.

~Regards

~JG

i've tried to add that command, but after that no one can login. I have to block asa connection to ACS so it could revert to local authentication.

Is there any solution?

whenever we do enable authentication, you also need to, on ACS on user accounts , check the appropriate option for "TACACS+ Enable Password"

under "Advanced TACACS+ Settings"

By default its, "Use separate password" which is blank.

So if your user account is local on ACS use "Use CiscoSecure PAP password" or if you are being authenticated from some external database check "Use external database password".....

If you are not able to see the option, the enable it from Interface Configuration > Advanced Option section.

then you'll be able to log into enable mode, and see who made the changes in the logs.

Regards,

Prem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: