Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

valid characters for taccacs

Greetings,

I have to pass a username under format  Abc - Fef - 123 ( CapA-b-c-space-dash-space-...) , wound it be a valid credential for ACS authentication ?

TIA, Loc

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Could you please tell me what would be network access device here because NX-OS doesn't work for a username has whitespaces. I guess on tacacs you should be able to create without any issues.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~BR Jatin Katyal **Do rate helpful posts**

Jatin: Cisco 37xx,45xx,65xx running IOS, ASA 5585, ASR100x, and variety of others.

We do have Nexus5k,7k: so you are telling me it would fail ?

I do have issue even local ACS (code 5.x) account, using the above format for user name and it failed.

Remove the space do clear the issue.

Time to call TAC ?

Loc

Cisco Employee

Personally, I've never tried this in lab. Why, I am saying it for NX because I remember a case where it doesn't work for NX using local username with whitespaces. However, I could duplicate this issue on IOS/ASA by tomorrow same time.

If it's urgent and preventing you to login on network devices or there is a Go-Live date for a project than I'd suggest to approach TAC to get immediate assitance.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

Cisco Employee

Hi Locp,

Just wanted to update you and close this thread, I was able to test this in our lab today and it does work fine with spaces in username.

Here is a successful attempt from ACS/Tacacs logs.

Hope this helps.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content