cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vasco authentication with Asa

Dirks
Level 1
Level 1

I'm Having problems with RA vpn users authenticating with Vasco tokens on my new ASA 5510 platform. I,m migrating from PIX 6.3.4 to the ASA. In my PIX configuration I used the command:

crypto map outside_map client token authentication ABCXYZ to let vpn client users authenticate with a Vasco token on login.I cannot apply this command on my ASA. Asa says:

The 'crypto map <map_name> client authentication' command syntax has been deprecated, and will be applied to the existing tunnel-groups.

When I check my config afterwards, I do not see any changes in the config off my tunnel-groups.

Vasco authentication fails.

Is there a way to apply this to my ASA config or is there a way to work around it?

2 Replies 2

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

Vasco authentication with Asa is not supported on 7.2.x.

This is a feature being implemented for 7.3 WebVPN Clientless.

Beth-martin,

Thanks for your input. I managed to let the ASA authenticate with Vasco tokens. In the end the configuration was no different from any radius server.

There were no extra commands needed to do this. On the PIX however you needed an extra command and that set me on the wrong foot.

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: