Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual ACS 5.2 login for cli fails and ssh works

Hi everyone,

I am running a 5.2.0.26 virtual ACS and have discovered a problem with the CLI login.  When attempting to login with a known account and password login fails without displaying an error and returning to the login prompt.  When I perform the password recovery procedures using the bootable ISO I am able to reset the password for any account listed, however CLI login still fails.  Normally ssh access is disabled, however on this particular acs server it was enabled and I was able to login to the server via ssh with the same user account and password which fails on the cli.  This tells me the account and password being used is correct, however cli still does not allow login.  Running the command show users status, lists all user accounts as not locked and not disabled.  The only way I am able to gain access to the cli is to manually reset the account in the running configuration.  This is a problem because ssh is not normally enabled and therefore I would have had to rebuild the acs server.  I have seen this problem on newer versions of acs as high as 5.4.0.46.2.    Any insight to resolving this problem will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

3 Replies 3

edwjames
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Tim,

When you are saying CLI, is this the console of VM you are talking about?

SSH V2 is enabled on versions of ACS 5.

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
--Dalai Lama**

Please Rate if helpful.
Regards
Ed

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed

Ed,

Yes I am talking about the VM Console in reference to (CLI).  SSH V2 is turned off by choice and the VM Console is normally the only option for connecting to the ACS Server.

Thanks for the reply.

Tim

Hi Tim,

This seems to be very unique (based on my experience).

Can you elaborate this:

The only way I am able to gain access to the cli is to manually reset the account in the running configuration.

Also, can you share the ESX version that you are using?

Also, do you use the vsphere client or any other management mechanism?

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
--Dalai Lama**

Please Rate if helpful.
Regards
Ed

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: