Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtualize ACS v4.1

xuanhuymai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a pair of physical ASA servers v4.1. Now I need to virtualize them. Do I need to buy any new license? Or I am able to transfer the existing licence from the appliances to the virtual servers.

In case I am able to transfer license from the existing appliances, would you please sent me some links/documentations.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

camejia
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

If you are are referring to ACS Solution Engines being decomissioned in order to install ACS for Windows on VMWare boxes then you require a Software Contract in order to get the ACS for Windows version.

ACS 3.x or 4.x are not licensed based applications but instead contract covered. If you do have a Software Contract that covers the ACS for Windows software then you might want to open a Cisco TAC Case as the Full(Base) Version of ACS for Windows might be published by TAC representative.

NOTE: Full(Base) version of ACS 4.x are not available at Cisco.com. You will only find ACS patches or minor upgrades but not the base version to install it on a Windows Server running on VMWare.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: