Views
Helpful
Replies

Way to do Active/Backup (config replication) in ACS 4.1

piyush_singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had been trying to find out a way through which i can make on of my acs active & the second one as secondary ie the way in which i can replicate the config done on active one to the back up acs. I m using ACS SE 4.1

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

--- Piyush

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

craig.eyre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can use the RDBMS sychronization area to sync the 2 ACS boxes but I don't think there is a way to make one active and the other secondary on the ACS itself.

If you are authenticating users from your switches of wireless etc... You can make the "active" ACS listed first and the "secondary" ACS listed second. This way the secondary ACS would only be used it the active was unavailable.

HTH

Craig

View solution in original post

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10
3 Replies 3

craig.eyre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can use the RDBMS sychronization area to sync the 2 ACS boxes but I don't think there is a way to make one active and the other secondary on the ACS itself.

If you are authenticating users from your switches of wireless etc... You can make the "active" ACS listed first and the "secondary" ACS listed second. This way the secondary ACS would only be used it the active was unavailable.

HTH

Craig

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Piyush,

Here is the link to set up replication,

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a0080742f60.shtml

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

thanks 2 both of u man..

--- piyush

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: