Views
Helpful
Replies

WEB Login on ISE

aevans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have an issue with my ISE's. I currently have 2 VM's set up in a ressiliant pair. I am able to SSH to both of them fine but when I try and load the web login it gives me page can't be displayed. I have checked all firewalls to make sure port 443 is open. I have proved connectivity by telneting to the ISE's on port 443 but still the page will not show.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Anthony

7 Replies 7

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aevans,

Can you please let us know which version of ISE is deployed in your environment.

Can you please login to CLI and check the services of Primary ISE. The command to be used is

"show application status ise"

For example :

node1-poda/admin# show application status ise

If services are not running please use "application start ise" to start the services.

node1-poda/admin# application start ise

Hi thanks for getting back to me. I am running version 1.2.0.889

All applications are running and ISE has been rebooted. Still no luck.

To give some further information when I try to connect to the web page it asks me to install a certifcate given out by our CA which I have checked and is installed on my pc.

Anthony

Hi Aevans,

Are you making use of supported browser like IE or Firefox.  Safari and Google chrome are not supported.When you try to login to Web of ISE , it will ask for the certiicate to install. Once done it will take to login page.

yes I am using IE8 and have installed the certicifcate but it still does not load!

Also can you please attach screen shot with error seenon browser. If IP restriction is enabled on ISE and if you are trying to access from other IP who has no privilege to access UI, it will throw 404 error.

Unfortunalty I am unable to do that as I am in a high security site. I can confirm that the web browser says Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. I am not getting a 404 error!

Hi Aevans,

Can you please check this ,

The Cisco ISE user interface does not support  using the Microsoft IE8 browser in IE7 compatibility mode. The Microsoft  IE8 is supported in its IE8-only mode.

Also if possible can you please try accessing from Mozilla browser if you are having access .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: