Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

What's the migration path from ACS v3.3 to ACS v5.1?

It's a standalone appliance 1112 running on ACS v3.3, how to migrate to another standalone appliance 1120 with ACS v5.1?

Does CISCO have any documents about this?

I remember I used to read an article about how to build a temp ACS v4.2 windows to help this kind of migration, could anyone help to send the doc link to me?

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: What's the migration path from ACS v3.3 to ACS v5.1?

Your basic assumption is correct. There needs to be a two stage process where first migrate to ACS 4.2 on Windows and then from there perform migration to ACS 5.0/5.1.

When ordering ACS 5.0/ACS 5.1 the disk set includes all the software required to perform this upgrade.

Going from from 4.2 to ACS 5.0/5.1 is migration; not upgrade; since need this reads a subset of the data items from ACS 4.2 and creates them on ACS 5.0/ACS5.1. This includes the bulk objects such as devices and internal users. However, the policy configuration on ACS 5.1 needs to be performed manually since follows a very different concept.

The migration guide can be found at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/migration/guide/Migration_Book.html

Views
Helpful
Replies