Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Windows password problem with CiscoSecure ACS Release 3.3(2) Build 2

Windows password problem with ACS 3.3(2). Yesterday afternoon at my office, when I login to Winodws 2003 network, it told me my password will expire in 10 days, and asked me if I want to change it. I just clicked the cancel button. Then when I went home and try to login with VPN, I could not login in, and the error message is something due to incorrect password. I tried to login few times, and my Windows acccount finally got lock out. I think when I login through VPN, Windows network asked me to want change the password; however, Cisco ACS 3.3(2) build 2 does not how to handle that. Is this a known issue in ACS of this version, or there is something I can do to fix this problem.

Thanks

1 REPLY

Re: Windows password problem with CiscoSecure ACS Release 3.3(2)

I would like to inform you that RADIUS Password Expiry is supported with External

windows database using MS-CHAPv2. We cannot use RADIUS Password Expiry with local ACS

database. I've attached a link for your reference.

Link for Configuring the Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrators to Support the NT Password

Expiration Feature Using the RADIUS Server:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_example09186a

00800946b9.shtml

Please provide more information about your network, like which db, NAS, authentication you are using,

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content