Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC and RADIUS authentication of administrators

staalebotnen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having some problems getting the RADIUS authentication of administrators of a WLC to function. Currently I have the WLC set up to authenticate towards a Cisco ACS server by RADIUS (IETF). The WLC and ACS can communicate with each other, but when I try to log in too the WLC I get "External DB user invalid or bad password" in the ACS log (i know the user/pass is correct). I have enabled IETF RADIUS attribute 006-administrative on the group containing the admin user I'm experimenting with.

I'm also autenticating network switches via TACACS+ on this ACS server, this works without any problems (with the same admin user).

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

2 Replies 2

staalebotnen
Level 1
Level 1

I've just attempted to create a user in the ACS internal database to check if this could be used as a workaround. But is still do not get the login to function. When i attempt to log inn i get the message "CS password invalid" in the failed attempts log. Am I missing something obvious here..?

Problem solved. Turns out there was a missmatch between the shared secret of the WLC and the ACS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: